The House of Prayer began in 2005 as a “Prayer Room” and mission base comprised of passionate followers of Christ pursuing spiritual change in the atmosphere of our city, state, nation and world through worship, fasting, prayer, and outreach. We have since grown and transitioned into a local church body with those same goals, while still housing and facilitating a prayer room dynamic. We endeavor to represent all the generations and stand up for the generations yet to come.
We place high value on community, prayer and relationship (CPR), believing that it in this context that fruitful Kingdom ministry is best accomplished. We corporately desire and seek to operate in the authority of the Holy Spirit in all dimensions of prayer, spiritual warfare, prophetic worship and intercession, signs and wonders, hospitality and the pursuit of justice in the earth through acts of service and mercy, both locally and globally.
We desire to equip people to experience the transforming power of Gods love as well as to be agents of transformation to those around them. We are on a journey to grow in Love, meekness and revelation. We strongly emphasize the First and greatest commandment to love the Lord with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, and the second, to love our neighbor as ourselves. Although we are far from perfect we are following the perfect leader, Christ Jesus and believe that He is our great reward.
- We desire to be whole-hearted lovers of God, and to serve Him with our lives locally and in world missions.
- To equip people for spiritual growth, by sparking deeper passion for Jesus through building relationships, mentorship, prayer, worship and development of intimacy and hearing God’s voice.
- To develop and strengthen a lifestyle of prayer and intimacy for believers and foster unity throughout the church and vicinity of Greater Springfield.
- To facilitate healing environment and culture where the sick and oppressed will receive ministry, modeled after the John G. Lake healing rooms.
- To develop skilled extravagant worshippers and Spirit-led worship teams, to send teams to help developing churches in worship.
- To partner with Jesus in the Greater Commission through serving among the poor and those considered unlovely.
- To help develop prophetic maturity and impartation through the context of training and equipping in New Testament model of prophetic ministry.
Get In Touch
3253 South 4th Street
Springfield IL, 62703
Phone: (217) 528-9780
Email: Click here to email us.
Open For Prayer